Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Revision of composition # 4

It is important in our life to realize the true value of a person. Often we remain blind to the value of a person, so it becomes hard for us to understand. I also faced an experience in my life from which I have understood that persons who seem to be good might turn out to be a bad one in some situations.
       I had a chemistry teacher in ninth grade. His name was Abdullah, a short thin man with an innocent face. He was very well known for teaching chemistry among all the English medium schools in Sylhet. Many students including me used to go to him for lesson. I became a fan of him slowly for his tremendous way of teaching. He was also a good person. Everyone liked him for his good attitude. He used to help every students as well.
       However, things started coming out about him. Girls started complaining about him that he was harassing them. I did not believe it thinking it might be a rumor. My friend, Tasnia told me something shocking. She said Abdullah sir tried to do obscenities with her when she was alone after all students left. He was sitting opposite to her and was rubbing his feet with hers. I had to believe although it was really hard for me to do so. Because Abdullah sir, to me, was like an idol. But this incident hurt my good feelings for him as a teacher. Our Principal came to know about all his harassment to the girls and later Abdullah sir was fired from our school.
       It is hard to tell the true value of a person by only seeing his external look. Although I realized it later and all my respect for Abdullah sir turned into hatred. Not all people who look innocent are good as all that glow are not gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment