Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Revision of composition # 5

People in Dhaka city have a strong interest to follow the crowd. No one bothers to know the exact reason, instead the public starts gathering to accompany others without even judging whether it is right or wrong. I once were a witness of a wrong activity. Despite of knowing it a wrong deed, people followed a crowd that they never should have followed.
It was the time when i went to Dhaka for the first time, to get my U.S.A visa. My father and Sami were also with me; excitment captivated me with joy, but Sami and father were indifferent as they had been in Dhaka before.Our journey was by train, so we got off at the Kamlapur Railway Station. the entore station was crowded with people of multiple professions. All of a sudden, we heard a women's scream, "Help!" from our right. A moment later, i heard peple making noise of beating somebody. We approached towards it and and  a bunch of people were hitting someone severely.Pedestrians whoever were passing by, also jumped into the crowd and followed the punching and kicking.
My father, Sami and i were the silent viewers. My father does not like violence and he could not even stop the crowd all alone by him self. Later, when people stopped their beating round , i saw a 23 years old boy was rolling on the ground crying loud with pain. His forehead was bleeding, and shirt was torn apart. We came to know that he tried to snatch  a golden chain from a women's neck, and fell down while running away. It seemed terrible to me the way he was beaten up. Within  a wink, rickshaw drivers, cab driver etc. were gathered and perticipated in that brutality. Hatred grew in my mind  for all other people.
Althought it was against the law, but it is a normal thing in Dhaka city. I never support this type of cruelty act. Cops were out there to take any criminals to jail. But people were busy interpreting the law by themselves. I asked myself  that when would this type of thing be stopped? 

No comments:

Post a Comment